Choir II (Advanced / Recommended for grades 10-12.)
Year-Long Course • Grades 9-10-11-12
Fulfills HS Visual/Perf. Arts or General Elective
This advanced choral class requires a proper balance of voices (SATB or SSAA). Advanced theory and musicianship will be taught through musical literature. Festivals and workshops occur several times during the year; attendance is mandatory. The choir will study and perform several major works throughout the year.
While this class is not typically a training ground for freshmen Soprano/Alto voices, Tenor/Bass voices are generally taught in this course and are more than welcome to audition.
Through the support of the AHS Music Boosters, below is a short sample list of clinicians that our Choir II class has had the opportunity to work with:
- Lesley Leighton, Conductor of the Los Robles Master Chorale
- Eric Whitacre, Internationally Acclaimed Composer & Choral Conductor, 2008
- A.J. Holmes, AHS Graduate & Broadway Performer
- Grant Gershon, Conductor of the LA Master Chorale
- Ron Li-Paz, Clinician
- Jim Wilbur, Director/Clinician
- John Mosley, retired AHS Director/Clinician
- Wyant Morton, Director of Choirs at Cal Lutheran University
- Bryan Lane, Tenor, The Los Angeles Master Chorale