Welcome to the online home of the Agoura High Music program!
The AHS music program fosters positive student growth through rigorous preparation, teamwork, research, enrichment in the arts and social well being. As a result of the national recognition our department has received in the fields of classical music and jazz, we have developed strong relationships with several of the nation’s top universities. Graduates of our program have been accepted to universities and conservatories such as The Juilliard School of Music, Eastman School Of Music, The Manhattan School of Music, Harvard, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, CSUN Jazz Studies, Temple Jazz Studies, Northwestern, M.I.T., The University of Chicago, The New England Conservatory of Music, and many more.
Whether you are a current or prospective member of our program, we invite you to learn more about how your participation in music at AHS will help create opportunities for you in college and beyond.
AHS Music Boosters Back to School Update
Dear Music Families,
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! We have several exciting announcements about the AHS Music Program.
- First, on behalf of the AHS Music Boosters Board and the Music Directors, we would like to thank the LVUSD for their generous support. An amazing $50,000 renovation to the AHS Music rooms, including all new storage cabinets, chairs and an amazing percussion storage area has been completed!
- We would also like to thank senior Andrew Kraut for his effort on the percussion storage area and choir music organization as part of his Eagle Scout project.
- Next, our GoFundMe Campaign to purchase new chimes was a success! The new chimes arrived this summer and are ready to use. We would like to thank all the families who donated to the campaign.
- Next, we would like to officially announce the Agoura High Rhythm & Chews Street Festival, Sunday, October 23.
- And finally, a few notes about our music students. We have a record number of incoming freshman this year and have even added an additional jazz band!
For more information, please read the Welcome Letter and check the “Registration” tab periodically as it will be updated with additional forms.